John Paul Trabbic III
I am a responsible, hard working, deadline hitting, team playing, goal surpassing, creative thinking professional with a passion for creativity. I excel at whatever task presents itself and aim to consistently grow with the ever changing industry. I aim for excellence and always bring my best foot forward.
- Storyboarding for Network TV
- Animation for Network TV
- Design work for Network TV.
- Pilot Development at Cartoon Network
- Large skill set including: Storyboarding, Animation, Illustration, Comic/ Cartooning, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, and Video Editing.
- Efficient in Storyboard pro, Flash, Toon Boom Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier, Final cut, AVID, and MAYA
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio, (April 2015- Present.)
- Storyboard Artist on “SpongeBob Square Pants”. Responsible for creating storyboards for a full 11 minute episode from written script under strict deadlines. Prepare and create clean and on model panels ready for Episode Animatics. Toon Boom Storyboard Pro, Photoshop.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio, (September 2015- January 2016.)
- Storyboard Artist on “Pig Goat Banana Cricket”. Responsible for creating clean Storyboards from written script, under strict deadlines. Prepare episodes and remotely pitch to Show Directors, Creators, and Nickelodeon Executives. Receive and execute notes and adjustments to episode, and clean for Episode Animatics. Toon Boom Storyboard Pro, Photoshop.
- College for Creative Studies, Detroit, MI (September 2015- December 2015.)
- Flash Professor, Teaching the in’s and outs of Flash animation. From Character building using symbols and nesting, to executing large projects from Storyboards to Final line animation!
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio, Burbank, CA (April 2014- September 2015.)
- Storyboard Artist on “Pig Goat Banana Cricket”. Responsible for creating clean Storyboards from Written Script, under strict deadlines. Prepare episodes and pitch to Show Directors, Creators, and Nickelodeon Executives. Receive and execute notes and adjustments to episode, and clean for Episode Animatics. Toon Boom Storyboard Pro, Photoshop.
- Floyd County Productions, Atlanta, GA (Feb 2013- April 2014.)
- Illustrator on Archer. Create assets for Adobe After Effects in Adobe Illustrator. Follow closely photo reference and Senior illustrators lead.
- Flash Animator on “Chozen”. Responsible for animating sequences in scenes following the storyboards and the animation leads direction.
- Storyboard Artist on “Chozen” Responsible for creating clean Storyboards from Written Script, under strict deadlines. Prepare episodes and pitch to Show Directors. Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, After Effects.
- Super Sprowtz, Brooklyn, NY (Jan 2012- July 2012.)
- 2D animator and illustration Intern on “Super Sprowtz animated shorts” Following direction from company CEO to execute 3 minute animated shorts to be broadcasted in New Yorks City Cabs and on PBS stations in between normal scheduled broadcast. 2D animation, After Effects animation, VFX, Character design, BG development, Final Cut, MAYA
- NYC Picture Start Film Festival, Manhattan, NY (May 2012- June 2012.)
- Motion Graphics Intern for the 2012 film festival. I created the festivals opening title sequence, Graphic design and social media work for promoting the event.
- Brand Scaffold, Detroit, MI (Aug. 2007- Sept. 2011.)
- Journeyman Commercial Carpenter. Detroit Edison Power plant on staff Carpenter specializing in Scaffold erection. Work with large teams to build and tear down scaffold to other trades needs.
- College for creative Studies, Detroit, MI (2011- 2012.)
- Studied Entertainment arts with a focus on 2d animation.
- Detroit Carpenters Apprenticeship program, Ferndale, MI (2007- 2011.)
- Studied all areas of commercial carpentry from rough framing houses, to metal studs and drywall.
- Monroe Community College, Monroe, MI (2001- 2010.)
- Off and on from high school studying the Basics and Art.